Saturday 13 February 2016

Concatenation by Jubreal Akin-Akintayo

CONCATENATION
If I were a wealthy man
My street would be of gold
My gold would be of glitters
My 'glitteratti' world would devoid of Intimidation

My neighbourhood would be of ivory
My ivory would be large
My large heart would contain all

My neighbours would be of succour
My succour would be all-encompassing
My encompassing succour that would touch hearts

My friends would be of affluence
My affluent world that would not scare others
My 'other sides' would taste from the affluence

My city would be of glamour My glamorous city that would be a centre of attractions
My attractive city that would have a booming economy

My environment would be of serenity
My serene environment that would elongate lives
My life that would be spent to help others

My coast would be of spaces
My space that would be of contents
My contents that would be of brilliance

My world would be a safe abode
My abode would be a safe confine
My confine would be of utmost security

My group would be of dynamics
My dynamism that would yield good results
My result that would be an object of envy&emulation

My policies would devoid of favouritism
My favourites would not enjoy preferential treat
My treatment would be same for all&sundry

IF I WERE A WEALTHY MAN I SHALL MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE

Jubril Akin-Akintayo
©2016

5 comments:

  1. I love the mindset of the writer, his words are auspicious and hopeful, poetically so. I hope he becomes wealthy someday so he can contribute his own widower's mite to make his world/neighborhood a better place :)

    Nduka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I will relay your observation to the writer

      Delete
  2. This is a very great poem! Words in it are so rich that only the wise can understand the msg in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete