Friday 21 April 2017

You need a mentor

You need a mentor!

This is Femi Iromini, one of the many mentors I have 😊. The truth is if I have 100 mentors, Femi is the number one!

He's my childhood friend. We grew up together in the same neighborhood though I am older than him (10 months no be keremiπŸ˜„). He has been instrumental in most of the many life changing decision I have made.

Femi is a very intelligent guy and I am too. He is very smart and I am smart as well. But he has an edge since we were very much younger than this. He can easily decipher stuffs that may look somehow difficult before anyone.

When we were in SS 1, Femi had advised me to move to art class. He said I will do better as a Lawyer or Journalist. Truly I argue a lot during my secondary school days. I will always dominate any topical issue among my friends in class. Femi said I will do better as a Lawyer because of my prowess in arguments and debates. I ignored his advice. That's by the way. I am talking about mentor.

You need a mentor!!
I got fascinated to Femi due to his deep insight into reality. When I was seeking admission into university, Femi had already gotten admission to study Geophysics at OAU. He later convinced me to study Geology /Exploration Geophysics too. That's the power of a mentor.

Sometimes in 2010, I visited Femi at OAU. I was in part 1 in the University by that time. Femi has already founded an organization, inxpire.com. We began to brainstorm. We shared various ideas, one of them which would later metamorphosed to Arise and Impact Nigeria Youths Initiative today.

You need a mentor!!!
You need someone to share your dreams with. You need someone that truly understand you. You need someone that actually believe in you. You need someone that derive pleasure in your personal growth and development. You need someone you can walk to at any point in time and share your burden with. You need someone that is ready to accept you for who you are. You need someone to fight for you.

Femi is my boyπŸ˜ƒ. Yes, my boy. (remember I senior him for 10 months 😜😜). But I so much  respect and cherish  him. I respect and value him because he is my mentor. And we have continued to grow together.

We must not confused a mentor with a role model. A mentor must be close to you. He must be accessible and readily available for you. You need people around you. It makes the task of life more easier.

You need a mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment